Wednesday, January 15, 2014

The church bells are ringing.

Happy new year to all and I hope your 2014 is looking up in these first couple of days. The holidays are past so we can all breath a little easier; well some of us. For some the start of 2014 means the sound of wedding bells are getting closer. To my friends getting married congrats and I can't wait to be apart of your wedding days also you are the ones who inspired this blog post. 

To us girls our wedding day is like the top most important day of our lives, I mean what other day have we visioned and planned since the age if 5?? Some stick with traditional weddings and some of us go all out with themes and color they all are amazing and have their own personal touches. The biggest eye popper we usually want it to be the bride, well the bride wants it to be her dress ; ) 

I have come across dresses that wow me, some that leave me thinking I know someone who could pull that off. Now I'm not getting married anytime soon but it's always fun to look and help others out with their special day. 

Here are some wedding dress bodices that I absolutely loved and if I were the one making this I feel like these bodices could be put on a fuller princess dress or a more fitted mermaid dress. 


Now this one above is my number one pick. I love how the detailing is started at the top left bust then comes down and evens out at the waist this one would do better on a slightly more full, but not too full, princess dress. It's elegant and stunning and says look at me,


This bodice has great hand detailing, I personally would done a thicker, less see through, fabric for the corset portion of the bodice. This is pieced with a princess dress but I can see this bodice being put on with a fitted gown and the detailing placed evenly down the back to the train and some going down the front but not too much with an elegant cut in the font.


The Cinderella wedding is what many girls do dream of. The big dress, the long train and draping veil. I personally have a love for more fitted dresses but I have seen some beautiful full wedding dresses.


The dress above instantly takes me to a royal wedding. The beautiful bodice and how the corset comes down to a point to really slim the woman's waist line and tuck the belly in a little; the lacing detail at the bottom and I can tell the train has to have a pretty good length to it. If I chose a full dress I would most likely want something similar to this one.

This dress caught my eye for two reasons, the beautiful draping gives it a more architectural feel and I love when clothing does more than just lays flat on the body. The bodice is also similar to the first bodice I posted above. This one starts a little but more off centered then tapers down to one side and this works for the dress as it's where the draping pulls together on the dress. Now if I lost you I'm sorry, I notice because I make and design clothing so whoever made this dress I applaud them, just beautiful.

This is the Cinderella dress. Looking at the fullness of this dress I can see a girl wanting the theme of Cinderella exactly. The detailing and the bodice in general isn't something that stands out too much it's pretty common, but none the less this is a beautiful gown.


I love fitted wedding dresses, my senior prom I didn't even have a big dress, I had the figure so why hide it under so much fabric. 


I am a fan of the peplum and this wedding gown needs to be on my list for wedding dress options. I love how the back tapers down to a point, the beautiful lace sleaves. I can see the front of the dress is fitted nicely to show the figure off and the back it lets loose just at the right spot to still have that long train if desired. If you are aiming for a super star wedding this dress needs to be on your bride to be.


This isn't a traditional wedding gown but I chose this because it made me think of someone wanting to have a beach wedding. Beach weddings can be beautiful but many times I see brides just pick out a white sundress and call it a day. No, no, no! Get yourself a beautiful gown, of course you don't want to go all out because your going to get sand on it but a dress like the ones above would be perfect. I prefer with the deep plunge neckline and you can go barefoot in the sand, hand in hand with your groom.

Very different gown choice, I try and be bold sometimes and this one did catch my eye, it's got beading detailing on the open back, the tight fit around the bum and the loose lace sleaves. Not a big train but not everyone wants a train the length of a football field and the front should lay smooth against the legs and show off the curves.

If I gave you some ideas you're welcome, I love looking at wedding dresses because I've seen so many designers who create these come up with beautiful ideas and it's amazing to see. Whatever you're style I hope you have a beautiful wedding day and best of luck to your futures. Maybe you have a friend or relative getting married and she's stuck on what her style of dress might be? I hope this helps some.


Krista 
Fashion blogger/Stylist

https://www.facebook.com/stylistKristaReese









No comments:

Post a Comment