Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Does size have to matter?



We all know, and can see that a woman's size in entertainment is always looked at and criticized. This is nothing new of course.

I read an article from entertainment tonight that struck me to write this particular blog. This pertains to Mindy Kaling's cover of Elle magazine. If you have heard of the issue or not there has been a controversy that her cover picture was shot poorly to mainly cover up that she is a size 8 and not the small twiggy size that is so adored these days.

Has you can see in the picture above Mindy's picture is in black and white and a close up. Compared to other woman recently captured there were complaints that just because she's a little bit curvier she didn't get a full length shot. I had questioned it myself and wasn't going to comment until then I saw this post from Cosmopolitan magazine on twitter.....


They stated that Robyn Lawley is a plus-size model, I'm sorry but this is not plus size she  is about a size 8 as well as Mindy and all of this triggered me having to say something especially since I use to model and this size issue is the main reason why I stopped modeling and most likely pushed me to be a designer and make whatever sizes I want to.

Anyways, after being upset over both issues I stepped back and looked at Mindy's cover shot and I started liking it ten times better than the other cover shots. She is showing real beauty, class, sophisticated and confidence. Her hair isn't all a messed up or hands running all over her body. Her picture is one that I would allow my daughter to look at and say hey she's my role model.

So what do you think? Did Elle change up her shoot because of the entertainment field having a need sell twigs or did they do this because she honestly showed a more classy look of a real woman?


Read the article from Entertainment tonight here 
http://www.etonline.com/fashion/142271_Elle_Magazine_Addresses_Mindy_Kaling_Cover_Controversy/index.html



Krista
Fashion stylists/blogger

https://www.facebook.com/stylistKristaReese



No comments:

Post a Comment