Monday, January 9, 2012

Thrift store haul local Salvation Army

I normally find myself at the Goodwill here in Jacksonville, but I was in the area and decided to try out some thrift shopping at our local Salvation Army. Both places have great programs to help those less fortunate so I encourage any and everyone to shop at both locations in their area because all of their money does go to great causes and I have proof of that so if you want some just ask : )

Any who I did some shopping at my local Salvation Army and it is a decent size store for my town and the location. I did find some nice clothing items some not so great. I will be honest... I could have been better impressed but it's a thrift store I'm not going to be picky. There were some name brand tops I had seen Abercrombie, Hollister etc and prices were great some $2 tops and $4 jeans so very happy shopping for those who love thrifting. I did not go crazy and actually only picked up three items.

Okay this top is super cute, fits perfectly and it just beautiful on me. it is all pink with white polka dots and the bottom is trimmed with pink lace to match the fabric on the entire shirt and the upper back of the shirt is cut out with crossed fabric. Not showing too much skin but showing some off. The top came from Vanity, in Springfield about 30-40 min from Jacksonville. White Oaks mall has a Vanity store and they are pretty nice priced store but I have noticed the quality is not the greatest so I personally do not shop there too often.


This shirt I really just got for work. I have to wear a white top at one of my jobs and I was never a huge fan of white because I always got it dirty so I am on the urge of buying white tops right now. This top is from Duck Head Jeans Co. I have seen a lot of Duck Head at the Goodwill so I am semi familiar with this brand.

For the reader in all of us I bought this book Blind Eye by John Morgan Wilson. My friend John will be very proud of me : ) ( Not the author a different John) I am a pretty big book reader when I sit down and read. Once I start I cant stop. I can read multiple books in a month back to back. So I read the back of the book and it sounded very interesting. Benjamin Justice is a journalist trying to figure out his life from his past and how he wants it to go for the present while trying to piece his life together he has to work on a case with a friends wife getting murdered. It sounds exciting : )

 So I hope that gave you your thrift store haul fix a good viewing. I may try and stop in the Salvation Army a little bit more often. I honestly forget we have one because I'm not normally in that area much and find myself at the Goodwill ten times more. So I will check in there a little more and see what other finds I can come across. Happy Thrifting.

Krista
http://www.youtube.com/model4yourlife

No comments:

Post a Comment